FIRST AID KIT AVAILABLE NOW
First aid kit contents at work
- First aid leaflet / book (up to date)
- First aid kit contents checklist
- Assorted plasters
- Sterile wound dressings (assorted sizes – small, medium and large)
- Triangular bandages
- Safety pins
- Disposable gloves (small, medium and large)
- Adhesive tape (ideally hypoallergenic)
- Eye pad
- Saline water for eye washing
- Sterile gauze
- Foil blanket
- Conforming or crepe bandage
- Resuscitation/CPR face shield
This is only a suggestion for essential items. Each workplace should conduct a risk assessment to identify if any further items are needed.
For example, if there is a risk of burns in the work environment then the first aid kit may need more specialist equipment to deal with burn injuries.
Some countries may have specific regulations about the contents of first aid kits in the workplace. It is important to follow these first aid regulations if they apply in your country!